Bridge to Success
June 18 - July 29, 2017
Bridge to Success, a student-focused program for first-years, has been designed to create life-long learners who will succeed in the most rigorous of academic climates. Not only will students be exposed to the challenging academic life of the University, they will bond as a group through a variety of social and extra-curricular events. Bridge to Success promises to be an exciting and beneficial program for all involved.
As a transition program, Bridge to Success prepares first-year students to meet the rigorous demands and expectations of the University’s academic program. The program eases the first-year student into college living and learning. Participants will take two courses during the program. The units earned in these courses will go toward a student’s total unit hours required for graduation.
By participating in Bridge to Success, incoming first-year students will not only learn to cope with the pressures of college life, they will also build relationships with peers and faculty/staff members who will support them through their years at Richmond.
Policies and Practices
We want all our students to have a great experience in the Bridge to Success Program. We try hard to make this both an enjoyable and challenging time. As with all programs at the University of Richmond, we expect you to take personal responsibility for your behavior and actions.
By attending Bridge to Success you are agreeing to abide by the following rules:
- Attend all mandatory program activities.
- Attend all classes and other course-related activities on time.
- Attend all classes and other course-related activities.
- Complete all course work on time and turn in all assignments on time.
- Respect all Bridge to Success and University of Richmond employees.
- Refrain from drug and/or alcohol use
- Respect the rights of others.
- Follow all University of Richmond and Virginia state regulations.