The School of Arts and Sciences is the first school of every undergraduate at UR. We welcome students to courses of discovery and creation, through 22 departments and 11 interdisciplinary programs.
- Bukach Grant
Dr. Cindy Bukach is the lead investigator in a collaborative project recently funded by the National Science Foundation, “Preparing Undergraduates for Research in STEM-Related Fields Using Electrophysiology.”
- Hanaoka Book
Dr. Mimi Hanaoka recently published her first book, Authority and Identity in Medieval Islamic Historiography: Persian Histories from the Peripheries, which explains themes and literary strategies that “centered” texts from “peripheral” regions in medieval Persia.
- Hilliker Article
Dr. Angie Hilliker, Audrey Kindsfather, '15, and colleagues from Case Western University published "Coupling between the DEAD-box RNA helicases Ded1p and eIF4A" in eLife.
- Howell Podcast
Yvonne Howell discussed her latest book, Red Star Tales : A Century of Russian and Soviet Science Fiction as part of the Podcasts@Boatwright Series.
- Bischof Talk
Dr. Chris Bischof recently presented a lecture on why Britain voted for Brexit as part of the Richmond World Affairs Council event series.
- Henry in New York Times Magazine
English professor Brian Henry's poem "Elegy Elegy" from Static & Snow was selected by the New York Times poetry editor to be published in the New York Times Magazine.
- Yellin Named Distinguished Educator
Dr. Eric Yellin was named a Distinguished Educator at this year's Colloquy ceremony.
- Sjovold Named Distinguished Educator
Professor Erling Sjovold received the Distinguished Educator Award at this year's Colloquy ceremony.
- Bukach Named Distinguished Educator
Dr. Cindy Bukach was recognized with the Distinguished Educator Award at this year's Colloquy ceremony.
- Helms Grant
Dr. Christine Helms received a grant from The Thomas F. and Kate Miller Jeffress Memorial Trust which will assist her in broadening understanding of electrospun nanofibers.
Scholarship Repository Readership
The University of Richmond's Scholarship Repository shares faculty publications with a world-wide audience. The map below shows where articles from arts and sciences faculty are being read around the globe.
Dean Rankine's Colloquy Speech
- University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce Office HoursSep2710:00 AM - 3:30 PMReserve your individual meeting time in SpiderConnect by September 25 (20 minutes) with Kelsey Nicholson, assistant... Continue reading
- Case Interviewing Workshop with Brendan BolerSep275:00 PM - 7:00 PMCurious about Case Interviewing? Don't know what it is? Let us help you prepare! All class years and all majors are... Continue reading
- "Gordon Parks, From Kansas to New York: A Conversation"Sep276:00 PM - 8:00 PMA conversation between Peter W. Kunhardt, Jr., Executive Director, The Gordon Parks Foundation, and Karen E. Haas, Lane... Continue reading
- Why did Ayotzinapa Happen: A conversation with Carolina Bautista VelezSep284:30 PM - 6:00 PMWhy did Ayotzinapa happen? Who were the students? How does U.S. intervention in Latin America relate to these types of... Continue reading
- Mission Possible: Entrepreneurship & InnovationSep286:00 PM - 7:00 PMStarting your own business, or transforming others – What your mission will look like, should you choose to accept... Continue reading
- INROADS Information SessionSep294:30 PM - 5:30 PMAttention multicultural Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors in all majors, are you seeking a paid summer internship with a... Continue reading
- Peace Corps Information SessionSep296:00 PM - 7:00 PMPeace Corps will be hosting an Information Session to talk with students about opportunities with their world-wide... Continue reading
- Africa Week Lecture: Urban Environments in Africa: Sustainable Development and Grassroots Socio-Environmental JusticeSep296:30 PM - 8:00 PMAs part of Africa Week, the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures welcomes Dr. Garth Myers, who will speak... Continue reading
- WellSep297:30 PMLisa Kron is a character in her own play. So is her mother. As Lisa, the character, works to create... Continue reading
- Bard College - Bard Graduate Center Information TableSep3011:00 AM - 2:00 PMBard Graduate Center (Bard College) representatives will be hosting an Information Table/Meet and Greet to talk with... Continue reading
Office of the Dean
School of Arts & Sciences
Boatwright Library Administration Wing
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Office: (804) 289-8416
Fax: (804) 289-8818