The School of Arts and Sciences is the first school of every undergraduate at UR. We welcome students to courses of discovery and creation, through 22 departments and 10 interdisciplinary programs.
- Sweis Article and Chapter
Dr. Rania Sweis recently published the article "Children as Biological Sufferers," in the journal Childhood and a chapter titled "Do Muslim Village Girls Need Saving?" in the book The Status of Women and Girls: A Global Perspective.
- Shaw Recongition
Dr. Kelly Shaw was just named a senior member of the Association of Computing Machinery.
- Brinkerhoff Featured on WCVE
Dr. Jory Brinkerhoff shared his expertise on ticks and Lyme disease with WCVE.
- Maurantonio Article
Dr. Nicole Maurantonio's research on how journalism helps cover up systemic racism was featured in Journalism Research News.
- Mayes Featured in RTD
Dr. Rick Mayes described the intricacies of repealing the Affordable Care Act to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Davis Fulbright
Dr. Jim Davis recently received a Fulbright Global Scholar award, to allow him to travel to Germany, France, and Canada to work with colleagues on solving problems related to coding theory and combinatorics
- Dumbaugh Book Award
Dr. Della Dumbuagh co-edited A Century of Advancing Mathematics, which was recently named an Outstanding Academic Title by Choice, a publication of the Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Richards-Dowden Article
Dr. Bedelia Richards-Dowden recently published "Tracking and Racialization in Schools" in the journal Sociology of Race and Ethnicity.
- Kapanga Book
Kasongo Kapanga recently published the book The Writing of the Nation: Expressing Identity through Congolese Literary Texts and Films. He was also recently featured on Podcasts@Boatwright, discussing the book.
- Denny Presentation
Dr. Jory Denny presented his paper, "Dynamic Region-biased Rapidly-exploring Random Trees," at the Twelfth International Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR) in December. This is one of the top conferences in the robotics field.
Scholarship Repository Readership
The University of Richmond's Scholarship Repository shares faculty publications with a world-wide audience. The map below shows where articles from arts and sciences faculty are being read around the globe.
Dean Rankine's Colloquy Speech
- Screening of Hidden FiguresMar244:15 PM - 6:15 PMThe movie “Hidden Figures” (rated PG) will be shown FREE to the campus community. Come and see why this is a... Continue reading
- French Film: Arts, Science and Technology at Work for Humanity IIMar279:00 AM - 5:00 PMIn conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the French Film Festival, the Tucker-Boatwright Festival of Literature and... Continue reading
- Life After Richmond: Destination SomewhereMar276:00 PM - 7:00 PMA part of the Life After Richmond series…... Continue reading
- VCU Center for Sport Leadership Information SessionMar277:00 PM - 8:00 PMAbby Bergakker, business manager for the VCU Center for Sport Leadership will be hosting an Information Session to talk... Continue reading
- UR Wind EnsembleMar277:30 PMThe Wind Ensemble’s spring concert features student soloists performing classic and modern repertoire with the... Continue reading
- French Film: Arts, Science and Technology at Work for Humanity IIMar289:00 AM - 5:00 PMIn conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the French Film Festival, the Tucker-Boatwright Festival of Literature and... Continue reading
- KPMG Office HoursMar289:00 AM - 4:00 PMHeather Rice, ’02, a Federal Tax Managing Director at KPMG will be on the University of Richmond campus hosting... Continue reading
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer InternshipsMar285:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship experience? What do I need to do to... Continue reading
- Professional Communication WorkshopMar285:00 PM - 6:00 PM“Just reach out to some alumni who work there!”... Continue reading
- French Film: Arts, Science and Technology at Work for Humanity IIMar299:00 AM - 5:00 PMIn conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the French Film Festival, the Tucker-Boatwright Festival of Literature and... Continue reading
Office of the Dean
School of Arts & Sciences
Boatwright Library Administration Wing
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Office: (804) 289-8416
Fax: (804) 289-8818