The School of Arts and Sciences is the first school of every undergraduate at UR. We welcome students to courses of discovery and creation, through 22 departments and 11 interdisciplinary programs.
- Jobe-Shields Interview Dr. Lisa Jobe-Shields was interviewed by the Richmond Times-Dispatch about ways to cope with intense stress reactions.
- Denny Presentation
Dr. Jory Denny will present his paper, "Dynamic Region-biased Rapidly-exploring Random Trees," at the Twelfth International Workshop on the Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR) in December. This is one of the top conferences in the robotics field.
- Bowie Article
Dr. Jennifer Bowie (with John Szmer, University of North Carolina – Charlotte and Donald R. Songer, University of South Carolina) recenlty published "Party Capability and the U.S. Courts of Appeals: Understanding Why the ‘Haves’ Win” in the Journal of Law and Courts.
- Bowie Article
Dr. Jennifer Bowie (with Elisha Carol Savacak, Elon University) recently published “A Bottom-Up Account of State Supreme Court Opinion Writing” in Justice System Journal.
- Bowie Named Editor
Dr. Jennifer Bowie was recently named as the new editor of the Law and Politics Book Review, which is sponosred by the Law and Courts Section of the American Political Science Association.
- Milby Award
Dr. Tammy Milby was recongized with the 2016 Jones-Day Faculty Involvement Award from the Virginia State Reading Association. This award recognizes college and university faculty who demonstrate involvement and leadership in PK-12 literacy in the state.
- Ashe Book Recognition
Dr. Bert Ashe's book Twisted: My Dreadlock Chronicles, was named a finalist in the non-fiction category of the Library of Virginia's Literary Awards.
- Bukach Grant
Dr. Cindy Bukach is the lead investigator in a collaborative project recently funded by the National Science Foundation, “Preparing Undergraduates for Research in STEM-Related Fields Using Electrophysiology.”
- Hanaoka Book
Dr. Mimi Hanaoka recently published her first book, Authority and Identity in Medieval Islamic Historiography: Persian Histories from the Peripheries, which explains themes and literary strategies that “centered” texts from “peripheral” regions in medieval Persia.
- Hilliker Article
Dr. Angie Hilliker, Audrey Kindsfather, '15, and colleagues from Case Western University published "Coupling between the DEAD-box RNA helicases Ded1p and eIF4A" in eLife.
Scholarship Repository Readership
The University of Richmond's Scholarship Repository shares faculty publications with a world-wide audience. The map below shows where articles from arts and sciences faculty are being read around the globe.
Dean Rankine's Colloquy Speech
- Faking It: A Look at the History of Art ForgeryJan083:00 PM - 4:30 PMAs part of the Mediterranean Society of America Lecture Series, Donald Schrader from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts... Continue reading
- OPM Webinar: Writing Your Federal ResumeJan132:00 PM - 3:30 PMHosted by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), this virtual presentation will explain each section of the job... Continue reading
- Demystifying the Richmond Guarantee: Obtaining Funding for Summer Internships and ResearchJan175:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhat is the Richmond Guarantee? How do I access up to $4000 to support my internship or research experience? What do I... Continue reading
- Thinking About Your Future: Sociology and AnthropologyJan1812:00 PM - 1:00 PMMore information to come!
- Resume & Cover Letter WorkshopJan185:00 PM - 6:00 PMA resume is important to have on hand for internships, jobs, and a variety of other opportunities. And no, you can't... Continue reading
- Case Interviewing Workshop with Marc CosentinoJan2010:30 AM - 12:30 PMCase interviews are becoming increasingly common for undergraduates applying for jobs and internships, and require... Continue reading
- Train the Trainer Workshop with Marc CosentinoJan201:30 PM - 3:00 PMCase interviews are becoming increasingly common for undergraduates applying for jobs and internships, and require... Continue reading
- Internship Search WorkshopJan245:00 PM - 6:00 PMWhy is it so important to have an internship and how do you go about finding one? Participants will learn about the... Continue reading
- Spring Spider Career Expo and Diversity Networking BrunchJan2710:30 AM - 3:00 PMJoin us for Career Service's annual Spring Spider Career Expo (with prep session!) and Diversity Networking... Continue reading
- Interview WorkshopJan305:00 PM - 6:00 PMIf you will be searching for internships or jobs this year, it’s time to begin preparing for interviews! The... Continue reading
Office of the Dean
School of Arts & Sciences
Boatwright Library Administration Wing
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Office: (804) 289-8416
Fax: (804) 289-8818